"IS THIS REALLY WHAT HAPPENED?"...
Motor car accidents often leave the driver in a state of shock. Perhaps it
was in a state of shock that the following statements were recorded on
insurance forms when drivers attempted to summarize the details of accidents
in as few words as possible.
- I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch
by some stray cows.
- The direct cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big
- Coming home, I drove in the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't
- The other car collided with mine without giving me warning of its
- I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and
headed over the embankment.
- In an attempt to kill a fly I hit a telephone pole.
- I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached
the intersection, a hedge sprang up obscuring my view, and I didn't see the
- I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an
- I was on my way to the doctor with rear-end trouble, when my Universal joint
gave way causing me to have an accident.
- As I approached the intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where
no STOP sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to
avoid the accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struch a pedestrian.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
- I told the police that I was not injured but on removing my hat found that I
had fractured my skull.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road
when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him.
From: Andrew <email@example.com>
Date: Sunday, November 26, 2000 9:20 PM
Subject: Real life insurance claims....
I once used to work for an insurance company in the UK and during that
time I came accross some real beauties.... Here's one that I remember
that's not on your page.
Woman Driver: "I ran over Mr. Brown whilst I was waving to Mr.
Smith, whom I ran over last week."
The names, of course, have been canged to protect the guilty and confuse
Thanks for the laughs,